Friday, June 26, 2009

Letters in the Post

I must say it's really grand to move somewhere and then write letters to friends far away and receive cards back. They are like gifts in amongst the bills. And I am reminded of how many people I really care for and who care for me. It's easy to forget when your friends are spread from Michigan to England to Tasmania to Missouri to Arizona to Oregon to California to Texass to Florida and so on. I always think, like most, that I only have a handful of really true friends. But moving away assures me I have many more than that and maybe many more than most and that's a a really great feeling. Especially when I don't have siblings and only a mother and father as family still alive. I once again feel very blessed by my friends who are all very unusual and great people. I have lived many places and gathered a great group of people I call family friends. Sappy girl. Yup, I am, and always have been. But it's true and I just thought about it a lot today.

1 comment:

  1. Good point. You should email me an address where the snails can find you!

    ReplyDelete