Thursday, June 11, 2009

Time and Trust


Worked with Midnight, a rescue horse, Paso Fino, this morning. First time he let me touch him. The fear in his eyes cannot be mistaken. I can only wonder what horror this poor horse experienced. He jumps at the slightest movement. Runs and hides behind the other horses whenever possible. He's so sweet and gentle and majestic. Who could have had the wickedness in their heart to do whatever they did to him? Unthinkable to me. We both have trust issues so maybe he and I can learn from each other.
The two horses in the front are Roman, on the right, and Rocky, left. Midnight is in the back, as per usual. Roman is only 3 years old and huge! Bigger than my 9 year old gelding, Chance, who is too tall for me to touch his ears. Roman is like a big puppy dog. When he is lying down, you can lay on top of him and rub his ears. Sooo sweet, he is.

3 comments:

  1. And pretty horses! But Gin, where's the boyyy? (as my teenage cousins would say). I thought you moved out there with a boy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, I'm lliving with a man, name of Tom, on his 60 acre horse ranch. Midnight and the other two are his. Then I have my two, at the bottom picture, Gracie and Chance.

    Love my animals more than my man I guess.

    ReplyDelete