Sunday, March 14, 2010

When you leave home you remember why it's home..

Went to Florida for 12 days. Record low temps and rainfall. Of course. Still had fun seeing a girlfriend I've known for 35 years for her birthday. Had an accident and fell backwards off my countertop trying to peel wallpaper and sprained my leg and knee. Was in a wheelchair on the way down to Florida. Worked it in the sand and water. Walking now with only slight gimp. eeeesh. Nice to go away but always nicer to return home. Went to my horses and both of them wrapped their heads around my neck and shoulders. Sooo nice. Will start riding tomorrow and see how leg works. Happy to be home but hope to be back out west in a month or so for a few months.

Boyfriend from Montana who proposed to me already has a new woman living with him. Of course he does. Which is why I didn't want to marry him. He just doesn't want to be alone and doesn't care who he's with. Silly boy. Glad I didn't go forward with him though it still yanks at heart of course. By the by. That's life for ya.

Spring is near and a rebirth as always when you live in snow country. Everything, including oneself, comes alive in spring. Snow already gone.

I am happy to be alive. That's the best it gets.

Another funeral today and I'm exhausted from travel and being injured and overdoing. But will cowgirl up and go to visitation for the family.

And so it goes.
I'm home and safe and glad.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made it home and am glad you are recovering! Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. Always careful i suppose while living wtih balls out and not actually having any!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florida? Heh. My recollection of Florida says it consists of swamp and theme park in roughly 50/50 proportions. Michigan, though cold and snowy in winter, is much nicer.

    You fell off a counter stripping wallpaper? Jeez, you have the most amazing accidents! I'd hate to write insurance on you, woman! I'm glad you've got your leg back in working order, though. Here's hoping that spring brings good riding weather...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really fond of Florida but father lives there and wanted to spend some time with him. Step monster though made sure they had company and was present when i did see him for dinner twice while I was there. Sad, that. Stayed with my girlfriend on Hutchinson Island. it's nice, on the ocean and VERY few tourists.

    I don't have insurance so there you go. Too expensive and then they won't pay when you do get hurt so it's useless. They always have some reason why not to pay. Maybe if we get healthcare reform through Obama that will change. Always hope on the horizon.

    Spose to be in the 60's this week in Michigan land. Hurrah!!! Ride, ride, ride, if I can! Not sure yet how that's gonna go with my leg and knee buggered.

    ReplyDelete