Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dead people don't look good..

Well, I've lost count of the number of funerals I've been to of late and that tells a story in itself cause I don't even go to funerals unless it's a matter of necessity to console a family who means a great deal to me...

And I'm sorry but dead people don't ever look good in their chosen clothes in a fancy box with the lid open. They always have a funny yellowish blue grey color and they just look dead. Dead. Why do people like to look at dead people? Is it a wondering of what it's like to die? Is it to look death in the face?

I just see the absence of life and would prefer to remember them alive and mowing the lawn and drinking a beer in my driveway or bringing their kids over in Halloween costumes and taking happy pictures.

I will be burned or sit atop a mountain till I die and never be in an open box when my spirit has already left. I will be in a garden or off a cliff or in a river or lake or ocean or anywhere but with people gawking at my dead self. I mean, really.

Dead is dead is dead. There's no "oh, she looks so peaceful" about it.

And that's all I got to say about that.

On another note the sunset tonight was most amazing and right over the said dead person's house across the street. So Linda, that was a grand finale, and I'll miss you watching over the neighborhood and your obsession with a perfect lawn and your caring self and sittin in the driveway in the summer sippin a beer and smoking and watching the sunset.

Sorry you didn't get much time, my friend.

Will miss you.

2 comments:

  1. And I muse about how people don't remember dead people long cause they're just a fading memory after a time. i remember my brother's laugh and look and feel his presence sometimes but it is remote...

    I wonder who will remember me and what and why when I'm dead. Ever think about that? Sky is dark black now. Ah, the universe and how it speaks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her house has no lights in the windows...dark like the night.

    ReplyDelete