Sunday, March 21, 2010

SUN day?

Sunday morning with no sun. Robin beating his silly head against my window, bang, bang, bang. Hung streamers and ribbons and plastic bags, but it doesn't stop him. EVERY year now for oh, at least 5. One off robin.

I wonder why people lie when it would make things so much simpler to be truthful from the start? Easier I suppose but really not at the end of the day. I am like the robin, banging my head against the proverbial window reflection. It's a reflection, an illusion, not the real thing.

Would love to go ride but it's so gloomy and drizzly.

Am thinking I will fly out west instead of trailering out to ride. So many logistics to hauling my horses out and back. Don't like to do it alone because so much can happen.  And I can work at the cattle ranch and ride their horses..not really work, play to me.

I'm not sure what's gonna happen next, but I'm open to what comes and the mystery is a good thing I imagine.

Have thus far resisted getting another dog. I want one. But I don't need one, or maybe I do but will wait for a time. Pet every dog I see. People must think me strange.  I don't mind. I love. That's who I am.

5 comments:

  1. Join the dog petting club. I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun came out! Went out and rode Chance for the first time this season at a canter, first working in the ring. Then braved the woods. Exhilirating. He pranced and danced and then stopped when I asked. He just wants to RUn, I know. But first things first, like who has the reins...

    Still, it made my day.

    then watched Where the Wild Things Are with a 10 year old. Always best to watch a kid movie with a kid. I wondered how they'd turn that favorite book of mine into a film. Think they did a good job and was pleasantly surprised.

    "Don't go; I love you so. AAAAOOOO!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ranching at the Big Horns sounds like a good time. It's always fun to ride other horses when one can get the chance.

    Took my green broke 4yr old up by the busy road Sunday. Poor boy was scared of everything. He really didn't like motercycles at all. Within 20 minutes he finally calmed down and we had a nice ride. :)

    Yep you are right to a point. Sometimes the release is when trying something new and the horse doesn't do it right but tries. Small steps in the right direction is a lot less stressfull on both rider and horse. Helps keep the horse in that wanting to try mode.
    FWIW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your green broke did well if he settled within 20 minutes, especially with a noisy monster in the mix! Good for him and you!

    Yeah, I try to just keep things relaxed as possible.

    And yes, riding out west in my very favorite thing to do. Wide open spaces and places. And quiet and no people. LOVE that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What language is the comment above in so i can translate? i thought it was Hindi?

    Ginny

    ReplyDelete