Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring, nearly...

Did you happen to see the SUPERMOON? It rose orange and red and I happened to be at the oceanside by happenstance. As big as a flying saucer, that moon. Stunning. Wow factor. Bigger even than in England when I saw the lunar eclipse out my window at the YMCA and stayed awake all night to stare at it past the trains which passed directly by my window and shook the bed. Pretty magical, sites like that.

Had a good visit with my father. Went to my first baseball game with him. Only boys went to baseball games when I was amall. What a cheat. We only went for one inning and it was St. Patrick's Day so they were playing the Pogues over the loud speakers. Bonus. And it was the LAST inning so we had the stadium nearly to ourselves and just watched the kids clamour to get their balls (baseballs) signed by the players and such. Nice moment with my dad.

Most memorable moment? I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "I got really lucky, Dad, to have you as a father. You made me life possible."

"Well, you've been a good daughter."

My mouth hung open. My eyes watered. My father had never said anything remotely like this to me.
And I will hang on it for the rest of my life.
He only has a 20 percent chance of recovery.
But he's still alive and well, I cherish every minute I have with him, despite our difficulties through the years.

I love him so.
It's spring, nearly. New birth this way comes....new buds, birds returning, air maybe warming some day soon, gardening and yes, riding, riding, riding.
I must rob my piggy bank. I only got 3/4ths a tank for $75 the other day. This is going to severely cut down my travels with my horses as when I'm hauling I only get 8 mpg.

But wander and wonder I will. It is who I am.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post.

    Your line re: your dad's only taking boys to a baseball game during your youth reminded me of how much I wanted to play drums as a girl, but my dad -- a professional drummer -- did not think women should play drums. I, too, went on to become a professional musician but never did play drums. I would've been so good...

    Oh -- and regarding a comment you made on my page, I, too, love the smell of manure. My grandparents had a farm, and I will always equate the smell of manure with them and their love.

    :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...

    Wow.

    Yes. You've been lucky. Particularly at that baseball game.

    But you make a lot of your own luck. You could have done things differently. I'm glad your dad took the time to say something good to you. You earned it.

    ReplyDelete