Friday, February 19, 2010

Life lesson number...like the National Debt, unfathomable number

So, I was peeling wallpaper off the kitchen wall that was oh, 26 years old. Hadn't really planned to do it as didn't realize there was glue left from where I'd already pulled paper off. Went down to help painter. Warm sponge, wet, peel. Climbing on counters. Do it to change lightbulbs. Know to be careful and go slow. Straddling stove and peeling last six inches. Left foot slips on wet counter and propels me backwards to the parquet floor. Slam. Fast and hard. Drove myself to hospital as painter is in more shock than I am saying, "oh, oh, it's really bad, what should I do?" Paint, I told him after I finished writhing on the floor moaning for a bad reason and wondering if I had a compound fracture and afraid to look.

Nothing broken but knee not sure about. Called vet who I trust more than most doctors and he says go in and have tendons checked etc as it can get worse and unfixable even though I can bear weight on it after a week now and am hobbling about. So go next Wednesday and hope I don't hear the word "surgery" and weeks to heal and therapy and blah, blah. This week has nearly driven me round the bend being immobile. I'm not good at hurt. Oh, nor patience either.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch in my head, I've gotten in touch with a guy who works several ranches near where I rode in Wyoming last summer. He's in Arizona near my favorite area now working as well. So my thought is maybe I'll have a place to go with my trailer in spring/summer to ride, ride and ride some more. That would be grand. And I may learn a bunch about wrangling and cattle ranching as well which pops my bubble and gets my heart racing and gives me hope past looking out the window and wanting to slit my throat if I have to sit here any longer.

There's so much I want to do and so many places to ride and see and so many adventures out there.

Is it spring yet?

Oh, and i dont know what the lesson is except Life Happens and then you get on with it.

3 comments:

  1. I found this blog linking away from my facebook page. Someone sent me a private message that led me to a bluejean blog and now to you and it was the picture of the horses that brought me here. I am summerwind from journalspace. Perhaps we have read each other during those days. I'll be back to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summerwind, perhaps that was the connection. Blue Jean Baby is an old student of mine as well..I will take a look at your blog too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you heal up quickly. It is no fun riding the wind with a bum knee.

    Skip

    ReplyDelete