Saturday, May 22, 2010

Do you believe in MAGIC?

Nature teaches. Yesterday I was at a gathering to celebrate two friends' birthdays and the birth of a wee little girl who looks like a papoose and her mother shines as she looks at her. When I first met the little girl, Skylar, weeks old, she was sleeping on her side, tiny fist curled up to her face. I had her mother lean down next to her and took their picture. It was magic.

Later, I walked outside to get some air, and yeah, smoke, and I like going outside to smoke. It's a way to the quiet. As I sat there, my first sighting of a hummingbird occurred in the red petunia plant I had given the grandmother of this baby.

I announced this excitedly. Others looked at me like Ohhhh---kay. A hummingbird. Uh huh.

Well, I know it was a sign.

When the Skylar's grandmother first saw the infant be born she said, "She looks like a little papoose." Indeed she does. Black hair, soft as the velvet noses of my horses, smooth, soft chocolate skin..oh baby.

I looked in my Indian totem book tonight.
Here's a bit about Hummingbird and its messages..
Hummingbird, joyful little sister, nectar you crave! All the sweetness of the flowers, is the love you gave.
(Holding her brought joy to me immeasurable!)

Hummingbird feathers open the heart. Without an open and loving heart, you can never taste the nectar and pure bliss of life. Life is a wonderland of delight--darting from one flower to another, tasting the essences, and radiating the colors. Hummingbird's mission is to spread joy or be destroyed. Follow Sister Hummingbird and hyou will soon be filled with paraoxyms of joy and experience a renewal of the magic of living.

Skylar is the first born girl grandchild, the first SISTER. Oh my. And she is love.

Then today, I saw a fawn be birthed just outside my back door. Saw mama licking it clean and the fawn struggle up on wobbly legs. I stood in awe. I have many deer who sleep in my back woods. I have been here for 26 years. They know the property will stay natural, with their pathways created by them, and their sleeping spots left undisturbed. And occasionally a tasty apple appears along with other flora and fauna to their liking.

It was a first, seeing this moment of magic and as always, happenstance. I just happened to be downstairs and look out. I will always remember these moments. They are the elixir of my life.

I am blessed and awakened.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful experience. There is nothing more beautiful than what you have described.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wildstorm. Nice to have a reader and enjoy your blog as well.

    Going ridin now!

    Cowgirl up!

    ReplyDelete