Monday, April 5, 2010

I don't always get it...

Ah, geesh. I am still friends with everyone I ever dated, except my one ex-husband and there was good reason for that clean cut. I am even God-mom to ex-boyfriends kids. Friends with all their wives. I figure if you loved someone once, that doesn't just stop just cause you're not together. I remember the fun and good times as a conscious choice. I figure life's too short for animosity and anger and stuff I deem energy draining creatures.

In my way of thinking, there's never blame to be laid for a broken relationship. There's usually hurt on both sides and a sense of some failure on many levels, but that's just one way of looking at it. I figure it just wasn't meant to be and didn't work. And that's all. So why harbor bad feelings when you shared good times and lovemaking and laughter and happy times along with the sad?
I just don't get it.
But there's lots I don't get. I keep trying though.

1 comment:

  1. You have so completely nailed it there, Ma'am. I remain friends with my exxes too, for precisely the same reason. I mean - if you liked 'em enough to get close enough that they could BECOME exxes, there must have been a reason, right?

    Grudges are good only for killing yourself with.

    ReplyDelete