Saturday, January 9, 2010

Oh me oh my oh..

Aye, yes, been a long time since I blogged. Cold winter here in Michigan. Very little sun and lots of grey. Lots of elders passing. There's a time for everything. Winter is good for reflection, watching films, reading books, lighting fires, cleaning closets, visiting with old friends, drinking too much on occasion, but not often. Who needs hangovers afterall? The film The Hangover makes me feel like an amateur. Cooked boiled dinner last night: corned beef, cabbage, pearl onions, little red potatoes. Shared plates with 3 other people already today. Can't cook for one. Been workin on editing a dissertation and so glad I'm out of academia. Good read, mainly because it's a work of love and music and by a virtual friend, so a work of heart. Passes time and one learns something when broadening one's views through another's work and words.

So there you go.

The sun made an appearance today so though it's only 22 degrees F. outside, I feel like getting out a bikini.
Would ride my horses if I weren't afraid of them slippin on the ice. Miss my horses, a LOT, A LOT.
Maybe tomorrow.
Naptime now. mmmmmmm....

3 comments:

  1. Heh. Gotta love a real winter. I can't imagine anything else that would convince me to tackle a 'boiled dinner'. Comfort food, by any chance? It's basically pretty healthy, but I'm conditioned now, after forty-odd years, to eating my vegies as fresh as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoyo..I cannot understand? i want to. I changed settings to translate Hindu but nothing happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dirk, I'll eat boiled dinner ANY time. But then I just love it. Irish blood in me I guess. And memories of grandmother. Saw a show the other night that says that smell brings back memory and response in the brain much faster and stronger than visual or aural. found that interesting. I still remember the smell of boiled dinner as I walked into Grandmother's house.

    ReplyDelete