Sunday, July 11, 2010

Me Time..

I find I cannot live without my own time to myself to do whatever I please, without having to engage with anyone or deal with anyone else's issues or be obligated. Just time to be quiet or ride my horse through the woods and listen to nature. The wind speaks through the trees. The horses whinny back and forth. The birds have calls I can distinguish one from another. The fox are stealthy. The deer are day sleeping in to escape the heat. I ride and then shower and then read and then cook and then nap sometimes or garden or write or whatever I please. I like being on my own. I get irritable when I have company too often or for too long. I want them to go home and take their little dog too. My puppy needs her time right now without interference or other dogs around to distract. Bringing a dog over to visit and for a "play date" is one thing. Bringing a dog over for two days and nights and a dog who shits on the floor is another. Get out.

It's hot and I'm irritable and glad to be here on my own right now. I need to rethink some things. Why do relationships have to get so complicated? Why can't it just be fun and not so serious. I mean, really!

We're grown....and we have lives of our own and do NOT have to be attached at the hip all the time.

Phew. Glad I got that out.

4 comments:

  1. Aaargh! Floorshitting animals!

    My cat got lazy. It's cold and wet outside. He's been sneaking into my study and finding a box of papers. I HATE that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, floorshitting animals not good,Dirk. I published your comment but don't see it here yet. RODEO doesn't go inside anymore, except for an occasional accident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Relationships...so complicated aren't they. Hope the dog thing is resolved! Now go ride. It's a gorgeous day out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been wicked hot and humid here. I took Rodeo out to see the horses again today and yesterday to the park to see the ducks and geese. She's learning. She wants to go to their back feet to herd them though and Gracie could easily kick her and kill her quickly. Rodeo isn't afraid and horses don't seem too bothered but ears go back when she starts circling round...so then she goes in front, lies down and looks at them. Time will tell if they can be friends. Want Rodeo to be a trail dog!

    ReplyDelete